Each member within the Club Membership System is assigned a member type. The member type defines certain characteristics which are common across all members of the same type. The main characteristics are:
- A unique identifier - an internal identifier assigned by the system when a member type is created
- A name - a descriptive name assigned by the user to describe the member type. This is displayed in the edit member section
- An expiry type - defines how membership expiry is handled for this member type (see below)
- Fees and charge codes - defines charge codes for various actions (see below)
The system defines a default member type (Standard) which can be changed. Member types can created and edited in the admin tool.
Each member in the system has an expiry date which can have the value does-not-expire. The membership type defines the default calculation method used for all members of that type. Expiry dates can always be overridden by the user when editing a member, but the method specified by the memberhsip type is automatically used when a member is created or membership renewed. The currently supported expiry types are as follows:
- Does not expire - members with this type are automatically assigned an expiry date that has no expiry date
- Expires after N units (days, weeks, months, years) - expiry dates are calculated using the specified paramaters. When renewing a membership the specified number of units are added to the later of the current expiry date and the current date.
- Expires at end of month - when renewed the member is set to expire on the last date of the current month
- Expires at end of year - when renewed the member is set to expire on the last day of the current year
- Expires at end of specified month each year
- Expires on the Nth day of the specified month each year
These rules are applied whenever a membership is renewed automatically by any module in the system unless an override is specified by the user or a module-specific option.
- New membership - specifies the transaction code to be applied when a member is created.
- Renewal - specifies the code to be applied when a member is renewed
- Entry - specifies the code to be automatically applied when a member enters a club
- Session - specifies a code to be automatically applied when a member enters a club session
Copyright 2014 SwiftTec - All Rights Reserved